Monday 9 June 2014

Out with the old in with the new...

So the new season is nearly upon us and I've loads of new water to explore this year. I'm not renewing the river Arrow Broom stretch as although it was only 20 quid a year I didn't gel with it. The neighbouring main road noise spoilt an otherwise tranquil tributary of the Warwickshire Avon. To replace it, I can now fish National Trusts Charlecote Park which is picturesque stretch of the river set within it's deer park and grounds just downstream of Hampton Lucy.

The Stratford-Upon-Avon book is staying because it allows me to fish my favorite area of the Avon and I've also bought a Warwick book for a meager £17. Not only will it allow me to fish the ressi for £2.50 but it gives me access to another few miles of flowing water, Hopyards, Myton Road and the Saxon mill. My Leamington book has also been renewed because I fish their waters the most and there are some river carp I want to try and catch.

I had a Zander and a reservoir session last week, nothing of size caught but managed 5 Zander, 8 Crucians and lots of small Tench.


 We are on the countdown to the 15th, Happy days.

1 comment:

  1. D'you know Mick the approach of the season has caught me out! Better start planning too, only FIVE more days?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...