Sunday 22 April 2012

Snitterfield Reservoir - 22.04.12

I decided to go for a few hours in the morning to Snitterfield Reservoir, it's 5 minutes from me so nice and convenient, I had some lobworms left over which I used on the sleeper rod and about 1/2 a pint of maggots which I used on the float. The bites were hard to come by, the bites I did get we're really fast, as if the fish were doing smash and grab tactics without actually swallowing the bait.

So with a couple of fishless hours I decided to move a few pegs down so I could fish amongst some weeds. I also switched to small red jelly pellets with I recently bought from WillyWorms, within a few minutes I had a weird looking Crucian which you can see in the picture below. Nothing on the sleeper rod and only a few more fish on the float so called it a day. Snitterfield can be funny, some days are brilliant, others hard work. It does fish far better during the summer months when the water has warmed up.

Credit to the Leamington committee for the new platforms, certainly makes the steep pegs more usable.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...