Sunday 12 February 2023

Warwickshire Avon - Scamps and Scalpriforms

A score to settle, a chub did me over good and proper when it wolfed down the sucker fish and did me in a snag in the process, it felt a good fish too and despite me giving all the side strain I could muster up, it got away with a raised middle finger. 

So with dusk approaching, the head torch donned, the bait out, all ready to go !!!



Now this torch has been in my tackle box for a while now, and despite being the price of a couple of pints of beer, the battery lasts a long time and the offers various modes. 

The floodlight mode with the large strip really is quite ridiculous and the focussing beam with two light levels perfect for illuminating the rod tip when it's dark, so much so I don't bring the dedicated torch anymore. 


The bigger fish had other ideas though, naff all at dusk but an hour in to dark two small chub caught within the space of ten minutes. 

Eerily quiet, with not a breathe of wind, the 3/4oz tip working wonders again, the first almost hook themselves now, the really haven't a clue what's going on... 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...