Friday 1 November 2019

Small Brook Fishing Pt.12 – Crumble Alleys and Costard Mongers

A perfect 10 the little stream we HAD been fishing, it was Sam's favourite bit of flowing water and a certain length of it we had grown to love, had put us in good stead on the bloggers challenge. Wild brown trout, big Dace, some chunky roach and in one particular swim it was known to us as the 'bullhead banker'.

Bullheads coming up aggressively to snatch the maggots on the trot down in water you could wade across.

There are not many swims like that I can tell you !!!!


A BIG spanner in the works though, after a quick reccy to the River Alne the fish seemed to be off from feeding after the recent floods and high water, so a short drive to the stream it was.

Now no signs to show there is no fishing or private fishing, even the farmer didn't seem to mind but as Sam was negotiating the fence to get swim side, a big Black Chelsea tractor draws alongside as I was getting the tackle from the car. I thought to myself, does he realise he's getting his tyres dirty.

"You cannot fish here !!!!"


To be fair what ensued was a civilised conversation but the stretch is leased from the landowner for the purposes of wild brownies. A wealthy fluffchucker has it for himself more or less. A bag of sand handed over to the farmer who must be rubbing his hands.

So yeah to cut a long story short, we had been poaching !!!

The trout may well be wild but they are not in numbers from what we know but a short(ish) drive away you can fish for trout on the River Stour all for less that £40.


It's convenient though, being a stones throw away from the big pocket payers residence. A lovely house it is too and to be fair he offered that we could fish the lake in his garden. An offer that we may well take up, but then I cannot remember last time we fish a lake, just not our thing.

Sam was gutted, it's the stretch he talks about the most. Oh well we will have to try and seek out other stream like this to fish. So we got back in the car and managed to winkle out a minnow and a tiny dace before we both agreed, we are not feeling it today.

Gutted !!!


4 comments:

  1. Mick!!!! A POACHER??! well I never :)

    I can't remember a season ever going by without having to look over my shoulder for someone to ruin my fun. That said, I have gained access to some cracking waters in the past owing to my past indiscretions gone good. I'm sure you and Sam will find exactly what you are looking for. You seem to have quite an array of waters to turn your hand at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gutted, tell me about it, I don't like to tread on other people's toes. Plans in actions though to find other spots we can make our own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need a Legit hacker to help you with a programmed blank ATM card you can use in Withdrawing $5000, $10,000 or more daily from any ATM Machine anywhere in the world for 5 years?

    If yes contact them on whatsApp +15085930940, or Email him on liqiudwormhackers@gmail.com.

    And get your already programmed Blank ATM card immediately he is really good and he help in changing my financial status, your appreciation in me is more than what you have done. I’m really grateful.

    ReplyDelete

  4. I've been seeing posts and testimonials about BLANK ATM CARD but I never believed it, not until I tried it myself. It was on the 12th day of March. I was reading a post about places to visit in Slovakia when I saw this captivating post about how a Man described as Mr John changed his life with the help of a Blank Atm Card. I didn't believe it at first until I decided to reach him through the mail address attached to the post. To my greatest imagination, it was real. Right now am living up to a standard I never used to live before. Today might be your lucky day! Reach Mr Thomas via email:(thomassiguard522@gmail.com) see you on the brighter side of life.you can also contect him via WhatsApp:+17733492820


    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...