Tuesday 9 August 2016

Warwickshire Avon - Out with the Sakuma's

These Sakuma Manta 540 hooks really are the business for improving percentage hook-ups for Zander and after a session last week where I'd lost some fish, I was back down to the same spot with the change I needed. With the Avon needing some rain to get the fish feeding it was back seeking summer predators to try and get a bend in the rod.


Size 1 or 1/0 is about the idea size and they are super sharp even with the barb squashed. Stupidly fine gauge but strong as anything. 

Give them a go....


I was only bankside for a couple of hours and after a couple of scrappy small Perch and a small Jack the Zander eventually began to play ball and 5 were caught in quick succession. 

The biggest went 6lb 2oz which considering I've not targeted them in anger is encouraging.

Also a sleeper rod out for the carp, naff all...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...