Tuesday 20 February 2018

Canal Zander Deadbait Rig - How to Catch Them

This is the rig I use to catch canal Zander on deadbaits on canals around the Midlands, perfected over quite a few sessions now with various trials and tribulations. The float is fished over depth by adjusting the grippa stop and sits flat or at an angle on the surface.


It's a ridiculously sensitive set-up where bites are easy registered. Float around 10g, Coffin Lead 15g, fluro hooklink 12lb, and at the business end I use a fine wire Sakuma Manta sea hook size 1 with barb crushed. If there is Pike in the area, (there isn't where I fish) then wise to swap the flurocarbon to wire.

Nothing new I know, as I've posted about it before, but it's good to share pictorially...


Bait either a small whole roach, lamprey section and the like...

The rig in action....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Mick, any zander hints, tips and rigs greatly received here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...