Sunday 15 January 2012

River Leam - 15.01.12

The first time I've fished the Leam and didn't go too well, started at Offchurch which was painfully low and my fingers felt like I was getting frost bite so moved on to Newbold Comyn. ( pic below ). There were a few anglers from Banbury fishing a match, looked like they were all fishing the pole and catching some roach, I fished just downstream of them but after a biteless hour on worm and some smelly cheese paste I got fed up of the dog walkers with loud whistles so moved again to just downstream of Victoria Park weir.

After fighting through the rubbish the dumped matresses and vodka bottles I managed to winkle out a nice little chub on cheese paste. The sun was up now so a really stunning fresh morning, shame the surroundings couldn't match it.


When Offchurch levels are up I fancy giving that more of a go, my kind of river and seemed nice and secluded too. I don't think I'll rush back in a hurry. Next weekend will be spent fishing the River Stour with my friend Simon who lives yards from the River near Shipston-on-Stour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...